James Stevenson & Son funeral directors have been serving the local community since 1900, founded by the late Alex Stevenson in the local village of Kells, just outside of Ballymena.
Sadly Alex died when coming home from a funeral on the 24th June 1931. The 2nd generation was his son William who ran the business after his father had died along with his son James, the 3rd generation who looked after the business together.
In 1960 the business moved to Linenhall Street in Ballymena. When the business moved to its present location in 1971 sadly William passed away suddenly on the 13th June 1977, James was then joined by his son Darwin in 1989 the 4th generation and together kept the business in the family name.
Sadly James passed away on the 23rd February 2004. In 2008 Darwin’s son Ryan the 5th generation joined the business and like the generations before us is still to this day being run by a father and son team.
In 2008 James Stevenson & Son opened their second funeral home at 28 Henry Street, Ballymena.